Sep 17, 2009

Blogger, I choose you!

After much deliberation, I have decided to depart from tumblr and come back to Blogger. One of the biggest reason for me is that Blogger has incorporated the "insert jump break" function which is great and neater for a (free) portfolio weblog.

Two things I will miss surely are the Bookmarklet function and twitter component, both, which I got very used to. Those were the reasons I blogged very regularly which was why I switched in the place. Sadly, or fortunately depending on whether you think I can write, I stopped writing completely. All I had were entries after entries of images I found on the inter-tube which I wrote short descriptions for them. That was not my intention when I switched to tumblr.

Besides that, I am all too familiar with the Blogger's coding and, perhaps, getting too old lazy to master tumblr's markup. That said, I don't think tumblr's customisation is difficult to learn. Of course, there is no argument for using Wordpress since I have to pay almost 15usd for customisation. However, it is not a high price to pay since Wordpress is really an excellent cms. Anyway, the point is I am familiar blogger and that's it for me.

Another thing: Blogger belongs to Google. It simply means that chances are things are going to get better—even though it might not take precedence to, say, Chrome. Evidence is the form of their tenth anniversary give back.

Lastly, Tumblarity is giving me too much stress. What is the deal with the popularity contest? Okay, maybe I am a bit bitter that I have never gotten above the #1034043820834 world ranking. Just a bit.

In any case, here I am again. I hope you will enjoy my blog as much as I like writing about it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment