Dec 3, 2009

The Salvation Army Annual Report 2009



The video is for The Salvation Army (TSA) Singapore for their annual fund raising luncheon. I was one of the producers and the video editor for the 9-minute video hosted by 95FM's excellent DJ, Yasminne Cheng. 


In order to show meeting needs (which is the concept of the annual report developed by TSA), I suggested the front cover to have die cut shapes representing each of TSA’s services and have the shapes printed on the page behind.

Without opening the front cover, the annual report shows nothing. Once opened, it will reveal that TSA have been filling die cut with representations of their services, thus meeting needs.

My concept was pick among other presented. Ego boosted.



I took about a quarter to a third of the photos used in the publication including the Board of Director (first time, ego was scared to death).

I left before the project was completed and one of my colleagues took over. I read the final version and there were some slight changes in layout.

Unfortunately, I have not receive my copy of the Salvation Army's annual report. So, I have no idea if the die cut pull through. Nor do I have the chance to take photos of it. What I have shown here are not the finalised spreads and the content is by no means accurate.

For the actual report, please go to Salvation Army's website. But beware, TSA is using, for some funky reason, the bizarro acrobat-type format by Microsoft called xps. Be prepared to download stuff you do not need.

No comments:

Post a Comment